You can renew your passport by mail or in person. Download U.S. Government’s Renewal Form DS-82 and review the U.S. Government’s information on renewing passports.
- If your most recent U.S. passport has been mutilated, altered or damaged, you cannot apply by mail – you must Apply in Person.
- We strongly encourage you to mail your passport application and any personal documents using a traceable delivery method.
- In order to protect the contents of your mailing from the elements throughout the delivery process, we strongly encourage you to mail your passport application and any personal documents using a secure means of packaging, such as a Tyvek envelope.
- Passports renewed by mail in the United States may only be mailed to United States and Canadian addresses.
- If you are behind in child support payments, you may not be able to get a passport.